Tuesday, November 06, 2012

Get Out and Vote Today Pomona

The polling place for my part of Lincoln Park is Emerson Elementary, back bungalow. It seemed a bit disorganized there at 7:30 a.m., plus they opened late, but as always it feels good to vote. And the sticker is so cool!

I was careful to check the chads as I was voting. The only one that gave me trouble was the assembly seat. I'd be interested if anyone else had a chad issue on that race. Must say I surprised myself with who I voted for with regard to the Lincoln Park city council seat. And, I really didn't know how I was going to go on mayor until I was literally voting.

At least a couple of the propositions provide me with hope for real change should they pass. Not so much any of the other items/offices on the ballot.

There is some change in Pomona though, in that a number of businesses have opened this month and some of the old businesses are giving themselves face lifts. While you are out and about voting, check out the major remodel going on at the McDonald's on Garey, the nearly year long remodel at Planned Parenthood near completion, with trellises that will hopefully house live plants along the front of the building. Del Taco just got painted and is even advertising their new look, Big 5 on Foothill has opened, as has Dollar General Market on Arrow and Garey (review coming shortly).

THE END

2 comments:

calwatch said...

For the record we did NOT open late. We didn't get in until 6:20 but we opened at 7 a.m. to a line of 15 people. They would have yelled at us otherwise.

NKCM Output said...

Hi nice reaading your blog